Wavin Technology & Innovation
In the challenging position of Application Engineer, you are responsible for product and application research development while providing expertise in the full development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing of our Indoor Climate Solutions systems.
As Application Engineer you will integrate the customer needs into products in an innovative way based upon system thinking, research on comfort and how to deliver this. You will make designs, execute engineering and develop the product(s) till production implementation. Furthermore you will work with other disciplines within our organization, suppliers and manufacturing sites. The business context will be provided by regular contact with international commercial teams. In this position you will hierarchically report to the Technology & Development Manager and functionally to the Project Manager Indoor Climate Solutions.
- Design and develop new Indoor Climate Solutions based on market requirements; state of the art research and creative application of technologies;
- Further improve existing solutions to enhance user experiences;
- Develop and improve analytical tools to support effective solution development;
- Contact with all kind of external partners and customers;
- Preparation of prototypes and revise system designs;
- Support product and application tests;
- Continuously feed the Indoor Climate Solutions business with knowledge & ideas in the application field;
- Contribute in “advancing life around the world”.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or associated degree;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with indoor climate systems and/or home automation like underfloor heating/cooling, zone-control, climate ceilings, heat-pumps, controlled mechanical ventilation or home-installation technologies;
- Wide interest in technologies and able to cooperate with international colleagues in different application areas;
- Project Management skills;
- Team player, Self-starter, hands-on, creative, flexible and pro-active;
- Able to communicate effectively in English (verbal & writing).
Wavin is an innovative solution provider for the building and infrastructure industry across multiple continents. Backed up by 60+ years of expertise, Wavin is geared up to tackle some of the world’s biggest challenges around: water supply, sanitation, climate-resilient cities and building performance. Wavin is part of Orbia, a community of companies bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Wavin has 12.000+ employees in 40+ countries worldwide and operates under brands like Wavin, Amanco and Pavco.
‘At Wavin, we focus on creating positive change in the world. Our passion is building livable and loveable environments where people can live healthy, happy lives – today and tomorrow. We engage and collaborate with city leaders, engineers, planners and installers to help make their cities climate-resilient, their buildings comfortable and safe. We contribute to tackling global challenges like water safety and help to future-proof cities – one community at a time. This is what drives us. Join us!’
Talent is the heart of Wavin’s business. They create a workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. The people are dedicated and excited about delivering real value to our customers. Wavin is always striving to do better. They offer challenging, exciting positions in a collaborative, diverse, international environment – paired with comprehensive, attractive compensation/benefits packages. Be a part of the future growth. Embark on a transformative journey that will ignite your passion.
For more information, please contact Jordy Coerts , Managing Consultant HÆD; (038) 420 39 00/ (06) 46 30 81 61, who is coordinating the procedure.