Wavin Technology & Innovation
In the challenging position of Application Engineer, you are responsible for product and application research development while providing expertise in the development lifecycle, from prototype testing to developing innovative products and solutions of the Indoor Climate Solutions systems.
As Application Engineer you will be located in Hammel (Denmark) where you will be part of the application engineering team. You will be in close contact with the market, understand end user & customer needs and apply this knowledge in setting product requirements for new developments or solving problems with existing products. The focus lies on the domains: Heat Interface Unit (HIU) and District Heating (DH). In this position you will hierarchically report to the Technology & Development Manager and functionally to the Project Manager Indoor Climate Solutions.
- Support Test Engineers at testing parts and products;
- Adapt current EU product range to meet local requirements;
- Support Local Product Managers with system & application knowledge;
- Participate in cost price / performance optimizations of current range;
- Monitor & benchmark the technical platforms and solutions of competitors.
You’ve got a high-level of resolving power, good team-building skills, and a high level of self-motivation. In addition, you have:
- A Bachelor in the field of Mechanical Engineering or associated degree;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with DH/HIU development or similar products;
- Knowledge or experience in working with heating & cooling systems;
- Wide interest in technologies and able to cooperate with international colleagues in different application areas;
- Project management skills;
- Team player, self-starter, hands-on, creative, flexible, and pro-active;
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
“ At Wavin, we have a ‘calling’ ... to service. A purpose. To build healthy, sustainable environments. And where is our help most needed? The very places we live in: our cities. Our cities’ drinking water is leaking away, greenery has been disappearing, streets are flooding after heavy rainfall and its sewer systems are outdated, polluting our groundwater. It’s time to join forces and build long-lasting cities. It’s time for you to join the wavin team!
At Wavin, we engage and collaborate with city leaders, engineers, planners, and installers to help make cities future-proof and buildings comfortable and energy-efficient. As a pioneer in sustainable water infrastructure, we focus on creating positive change in the world, guided by our purpose of Building Healthy, Sustainable Environments.
Wavin is active in the building and construction industry across multiple continents. Wavin is part of Orbia, a community of companies bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Wavin is backed up by 65+ years of expertise and works with 10’500+ employees in 37 countries worldwide. Wavin is the largest business group in Orbia. Orbia has commercial activities in 100+ countries, 21’000+ employees and 120 production sites.
Do you want to make a difference by building healthy, sustainable environments? As an international company requiring many different professional skills, Wavin understands and celebrates diversity, inclusion and belonging. At Wavin, they encourage all employees to develop their talent with great innovative programs, and to become the best version of themselves. Wavin is the place to be if you truly wish to make an impact. In addition to working with an enthusiastic, professional team in an international environment, Wavin offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
For more information, please contact Sven Pomstra of HÆD; (038) 420 39 00/ (06) 36 36 75 36. HÆD is recruitment partner of Wavin.