Wavin Technology & Innovation
In this challenging position of Application Specialist you will apply your extensive experience and wide ranging network in building installations to ensure these practices are optimally used into new product development projects (front end) with focus on water systems.
To support the innovation portfolio the Application Specialist will engage in the development of domestic drinking water as well as domestic sewage systems as part of the global product development team. You will apply your knowledge of requirements and needs for water system installations from an installer angle (e.g. in hospitals & high rise buildings). You will build and maintain close contact with installers en define the needs for new products based on customer needs into new developments, including making a test plan. You are the sparring partner and team player for field users, installers, builders (field testing), architects, system designers, business and Wavin project teams (redefining requirements, lab testing), including product management. You will be part of the inspiring global Innovation team and you will report hierarchical to the Global Product Innovation Manager.
- Apply your knowledge of requirements and needs for water system installations from an installer angle (e.g. in hospitals & high rise buildings);
- Follow “legal / certification” trends and propose anticipating actions;
- Support the ‘system supplier’ journey (defining gaps and proposing solutions);
- Answering technical questions from the market and/or Wavin product management;
- Understanding of mechanical properties and chemical resistance of components;
- Supporting claim handling in close contact with Wavin technical advisors in different countries;
- Keeping market benchmarking up to date.
You have a relevant bachelor's or master's degree in engineering (for example HIT- Hogere Installatie Techniek). You are a pioneer who derives energy from innovation and knows how to translate technical issues into (total) solutions.
- You have experience in installation/application of multiple water piping systems;
- You are highly interested in subjects like: highrise / modular building, prefab, system design (norms / standards), riser pipes / modular systems, water quality norms / standards, eg Legionella, fire protection, noise reduction and control systems;
- You have excellent communication skills and know how to make connections with internal and external organizations;
- You have a good command of the English language; Mastery of the Dutch language is an advantage.
Wavin is an innovative solution provider for the building and infrastructure industry across multiple continents. Backed up by 60+ years of expertise, Wavin geared up to tackle some of the world’s biggest challenges around: water supply, sanitation, climate-resilient cities and building performance. Wavin is part of Orbia, a community of companies bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Wavin has 12.000+ employees in 40+ countries worldwide and operates under brands like Wavin, Amanco and Pavco.
About Wavin Technology & Innovation
With a strong focus on excellence, through pioneering innovations, sustainable technologies and unsurpassed technical knowledge, Wavin Technology & Innovation (T&I) strives to address crucial societal challenges and vital market needs. Gathering user insights and developing integral solutions for customers, mostly through thermoplastics, Wavin T&I embraces an open, collaborative and innovation culture, tapping into passionate people to support an accelerated growth. Wavin T&I has a solid track record with respect to sustainable innovations that positively impact the Building and Installation (B&I) and Civils and Infrastructure (C&I) industry, earned through renowned solutions such as: Q-Bic®, QBic- Plus®, Hep2O® fittings, Tigris® Hot & Cold fitting range, Tegra® Inspection chambers and Wavin Certaro® products to filter and separate rain water. A great example is the launched plastic road, which was all over the national and international news.
Talent is the heart of Wavin’s business. They create a workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. The people are dedicated and excited about delivering real value to the customers. Wavin offers challenging, exciting positions in a collaborative, diverse, international environment – paired with comprehensive, attractive compensation/benefits packages. Be a part of the future growth of Wavin. Embark on a trans formative journey that will ignite your passion.
For more information you can contact Ing. Jordy Coerts, (038) 420 3900 or email@example.com. HÆD is coordinating the procedure of this vacancy for Wavin Technology & Innovation.