Wavin Nederland BV
The Category Manager is overall responsible for Rubber Components and sub-categories, sourcing and contracting activities for the entire Wavin Europe Group, with the purpose to make the category work efficiently and to make sure all KPI’s are met.
We are looking for a Category Manager Rubber Components to join the global Components team. Your office is based in Hardenberg (NL), but you will have a hybrid working model (working both from home and Hardenberg and travelling (ca. 20%) is part of the job).
In this role, you will be responsible for the European-wide category sourcing plan and contracting activities for Rubber Components- and a few linked sub-categories (i.e. manholes and metal fasteners). You will deliver the benefits associated with the category for which you are accountable. You will also foster European supplier relationships associated with the sub-categories and work closely with business stakeholders, such as suppliers, functional managers/specialists and the territory Procurement community. You will aim at maintaining close relationships with these stakeholders to manage the innovation and sourcing process with suppliers and to align on long-term development needs. The stakeholder group will act as a virtual team as members are spread over Europe but also travel to suppliers and between Wavin operating companies is part of the job. You will report to the Director Global Procurement Components & MRO. The main responsibilities are:
- Contribute to the Global Category Sourcing Plan, prepare and implement a periodic Category Plan while focusing on the benefits achievement and plans related to all components and sub-categories;
- Develop Procurement metrics: value contributions, contract compliancy, supplier base management, vendorrating, sustainability activities and categorization;
- Deliver selection strategies, processes and management of key suppliers;
- Manage the activities and projects related to the specific sub-categories in close cooperation with Territory buyers and other stakeholders;
- Respond to fulfilment performance and delivery issues with the team;
- Coordinate and align the methods with the Supply Chain Team to continuously monitor and enhance sub-contract partners and third party vendors in the Components category.
We are looking for a sourcing professional who wants to have a significant impact on the business. You will bring a relevant Bachelor or University degree and business experience, with particular understanding of international procurement. You have related experience to specific category. Preferable you will also bring:
- Manufacturing inventory management experience in a high-volume environment;
- Skilled at effective and pro-active communication across all mediums to a wide audience;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and argue persuasively for a course of action, strong influencing skills;
- Strong problem solving-, analytical- and project management skills;
- Awareness and understanding of customer service, procurement, manufacturing and finance because the cross-functionally oriented work field;
- Fluent Dutch, English and preferable German language required (verbally & written).
At Wavin, we have a ‘calling’ … to service. A purpose. To build healthy, sustainable environments. And where is our help most needed? The very places we live in: our cities. Our cities’ drinking water is leaking away, greenery has been disappearing, streets are flooding after heavy rainfall and its sewer systems are outdated, polluting our groundwater. At Wavin, we engage and collaborate with city leaders, engineers, planners and installers to help make cities future-proof and buildings comfortable and energy-efficient. As a pioneer in sustainable water infrastructure, we focus on creating positive change in the world, guided by our purpose of Building Healthy, Sustainable Environments.
Wavin is active in the building and construction industry across multiple continents. Wavin is part of Orbia, a community of companies bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Wavin is backed up by 65+ years of expertise and works with 10’500+ employees in 37 countries worldwide. Wavin is the largest business group in Orbia. Orbia has commercial activities in 100+ countries, 21’000+ employees and 120 production sites.
Talent is the heart of Wavin’s business. They create a workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. The people are dedicated and excited about delivering real value to the customers. Wavin offers challenging, exciting positions in a collaborative, diverse, international environment – paired with comprehensive, attractive compensation/benefits packages. Be a part of the future growth of Wavin. Embark on a transformative journey that will ignite your passion.
Jordy Coerts, (038) 420 3900 or email@example.com, from HÆD is coordinating the procedure for this vacancy on behalf of Wavin. Apply online at www.haed.nl or by mail.