Injection Moulding Expert
Wavin Technology & Innovation
As an Injection Molding Expert you are responsible for supporting and advising in the field of injection moulding. A hands-on position where you guide the project from product design to mold design until the product can be taken into production.
In this challenging position you will be part of a passionate, enthusiastic, and creative innovation team. As the Injection Moulding Expert, you’re working at the front line of building a sustainable future. Your polymer processing knowledge will be of paramount importance to drive Wavin’s innovations and business growth. You will be part of the exiting journey to develop solutions to make our cities and buildings more climate proof with solutions that contribute to a circular economy. You will be responsible to drive material opportunities and for create and implement innovative business solutions for customer pains and other challenging opportunities, based on extensive knowledge of materials in combination with good understanding of business needs. A challenging position to make a difference and ample sufficient room to develop yourself. You will hierarchically report to the Technology Manager of Wavin T&I.
The following tasks are part of the function:
- Provide plastics injection moulding expertise, in-depth plastics processing know-how and scientific processing principles to support product innovation projects;
- Support the entire process from machine/mould specification to part production at manufacturing locations;
- Perform computer simulations and interpret results in order to improve product and mould designs;
- Liaise with machine suppliers and mould makers to identify new areas for business growth through (advanced) injection moulding techniques;
- Develop and utilize insights on trends of relevant injection moulding and mould technologies and propose new projects or directions (out of box thinker);
- Lead injection moulding technology related development projects;
- Work both independently and/or collectively on projects to meet business goals.
You’ve got a high level of independency, good team-building skills and a high level of self-motivation. In addition, you have:
- A Bachelor or University degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering, with a focus on Polymer Processing;
- Proven track record in injection moulding know-how and innovative plastic processing solutions;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in executing and managing injection moulding related projects, incl. team and project management;
- High level of independency, good team-building skills and a high level of self-motivation;
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities (incl. trouble shooting);
- Outstanding communication and personal skills;
- Willingness to travel internationally (~ 10-20%);
- Fluent verbal & writing skills in English language; good German language skills.
“ At Wavin, we have a ‘calling’ ... to service. A purpose. To build healthy, sustainable environments. And where is our help most needed? The very places we live in: our cities. Our cities’ drinking water is leaking away, greenery has been disappearing, streets are flooding after heavy rainfall and its sewer systems are outdated, polluting our groundwater. It’s time to join forces and build long-lasting cities. It’s time for you to join the wavin team!
At Wavin, we engage and collaborate with city leaders, engineers, planners and installers to help make cities future-proof and buildings comfortable and energy-efficient. As a pioneer in sustainable water infrastructure, we focus on creating positive change in the world, guided by our purpose of Building Healthy, Sustainable Environments.
Wavin is active in the building and construction industry across multiple continents. Wavin is part of Orbia, a community of companies bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Wavin is backed up by 65+ years of expertise and works with 10’500+ employees in 37 countries worldwide. Wavin is the largest business group in Orbia. Orbia has commercial activities in 100+ countries, 21’000+ employees and 120 production sites.
Do you want to make a difference by building healthy, sustainable environments? As an international company requiring many different professional skills, Wavin understands and celebrates diversity, inclusion and belonging. At Wavin, they encourage all employees to develop their talent with great innovative programs, and to become the best version of themselves. Wavin is the place to be if you truly wish to make an impact. In addition to working with an enthusiastic, professional team in an international environment, Wavin offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
For more information you can contact Jordy Coerts, +31(0)38 420 39 00, 06-46 30 81 61 or firstname.lastname@example.org. HÆD is recruitment partner for Wavin.