Product Development Engineer
Wavin Technology & Innovation
As a Product Development Engineer (system & controls) you work on the interfacing and command & control, design, development and validation of indoor climate solutions. You will intensively work together with other disciplines within the organization, suppliers and manufacturing sites.
As a Product Development Engineer (system & controls) you work on the interfacing and command & control, design, development and validation of indoor climate solutions. You will intensively work together with other disciplines within the organization, suppliers and manufacturing sites. In this position you will hierarchically report to the Technology & Development Manager and functionally to the Project Manager Indoor Climate Solutions.
• Actively participate in new product innovation processes;
• Design and manage the architecture of the command & control system;
• Develop BUS communication (RS485, Modbus, BACnet, TCP/IP, KNX) and network analysers,
system debug tools, loggers and development environments (iOs, Android, HTML);
• Develop new smart mechatronic solutions in home automation;
• Develop, execute and approve procedures and plans for validation & testing programs;
• Initiate and manage contacts, projects and test programs with external technical parties;
• Continuously feed the Indoor Climate Solutions team with knowledge & ideas in the application
• Sparring partner for our external partners and European Wavin sites.
• At least Bachelor degree in the field of electronics or mechatronics;
• Provide expertise in embedded programming, PLC and sensor technology;
• Comfortable with IoT embedded development; IFTTT, Alexa, Google Home;
• Strong analytical skills and solving capabilities;
• Passion for validation and verification of hardware and software;
• Interest in the fast developing market for indoor climate systems and home automation;
• Self-starting personality with and entrepreneurial mind set;
• Enjoy to work in a team and share knowledge.
Wavin is a leading supplier of plastic pipe systems and solutions with a solid reputation stemming from more than 60 years of innovation. Wavin connects customers to better solutions, for above and below ground projects, in the following application areas: water management, heating and cooling, water and gas distribution, waste water drainage and datacom. Headquarted in Zwolle, the Netherlands, Wavin is present in more than 20 countries and operates more than 30 manufacturing sites, mostly located in Europe. Employing close to 5000 people and with annual revenues of around € 1.1 billion, Wavin is a subsidiary of Mexichem, a global leader in plastic piping and one of the world’s largest chemical and petrochemical companies. Mexichem contributes, through the Fluor, Vinyl and Fluent Business Groups, to global development by delivering an extended portfolio of products to high growth sectors such as infrastructure, housing, datacom and water management.
About Wavin Technology & Innovation
With a strong focus on excellence, through pioneering innovations, sustainable technologies and unsurpassed technical knowledge, Wavin Technology & Innovation (T&I) strives to address crucial societal challenges and vital market needs. Gathering user insights and developing integral solutions for customers, mostly through thermoplastics, Wavin T&I embraces an open, collaborative and innovation culture, tapping into passionate people to support an accelerated growth. Wavin T&I has a solid track record with respect to sustainable innovations that positively impact the Building and Installation (B&I) and Civils and Infrastructure (C&I) industry, earned through renowned solutions such as: Q-Bic®, QBic- Plus®, Hep2O® fittings, Tigris® Hot & Cold fitting range, Tegra® Inspection chambers and Wavin Certaro® products to filter and separate rain water. And the just launched plastic road which was all over the national and international news. Wavin T&I recently launched Sentio as indoor climate zone-control solution combined with an app. See: www.wavin.com/en-en/Sentio. The end-users experience a personal and adaptive comfort while keeping energy consumption low. The Sentio platform is the starting point of a larger indoor climate and home automation portfolio that Wavin is building up. That is why Wavin T&I is looking to expand the team with a Product Development Engineer System & Controls.
Talent is at the heart of our way of working and we aim at creating a dynamic workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. We offer a challenging, exciting position in a collaborative and international environment paired with a comprehensive and attractive compensation and benefits package. Be part of our future growth and count on a fulfilling career!
Voor aanvullende informatie kun je contact opnemen met Jordy Coerts van HÆD (038) 420 39 00/ (06) 46 30 81 61, die de sollicitatieprocedure namens Wavin T&I coördineert. Wil je reageren op deze vacature dan kan dit online via de website van HÆD, www.haed.nl of via firstname.lastname@example.org.